10/24/2007

How to Book a Doctor's Appointment...

You might ask...how do I know the answer to this question? Well....this last month I started working at a Chiropractor's office and have gotten to know many interestings "workings" within the medical field.! Most importantly - WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN HOUR AT THE DOCTORS?!?!?! (my biggest pet peeve in life)....well, here's the scoop. Most doctor's offices book appointments every 15 min, ex 2:00, 2:15, and in those appointments, they sometimes will book up to 6 or 7 people for the SAME 2:00 appointment.

Sooo...next time you book an appointment, try the following:

  • DO NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT (in fact, come 5-10 min. early)- MOST OFTEN, YOUR SPOT IN LINE IS BASED ON FIRST COME , FIRST SERVE BASIS, NOT THE ACTUAL TIME OF APPOINTMENT!
  • Book either the first appointment of the day, first appointment after lunch or the last appointment of the day and be there 5 minutes early!

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee that you won't still have to wait for an appointment, afterall, you are going to a doctor, expect somewhat of a wait! Good Luck!

6 comments:

Roo said...

:) my dr when i was pregnant was the worst for having to wait. i remember having to wait for 3 and a half hours!!!! SERIOUSLY!! and this happened more then once.

Jenene said...

Wow, good to know! I will definitely keep this in mind, and pass it along!

Bonnie said...

When we lived in Cross Lake I injured my leg, pulled ligaments in it, very painful. I sat there waiting to see someone for over 8 hours, bet you can't beat that!

Roxanne said...

That is CRAZY Bonnie & Ruth! How did you not complain! (or maybe you did and it still didn't help!)

Mills' Memoirs said...

Hey Roxanne! I'm excited that I found your blog! I am glad you explained this whole waiting thing to me...it has baffled me so many times. Like when I go to the chiropractor in Steinbach and wait close to an hour with two little kids to entertain! The first time they didn't even put me in a room, so there were no toys to entertain with!! Are you at the chiropractor on Main Street?

Roxanne said...

That's crazy to wait so long! I'm working in the city in st. vital and don't see many kids but we definately have toys and stuff to make life easier on moms!