5/10/2008

Update!

I find it hard to blog as I don't always know what to say as I don't know who's all reading this....but for those of your who have requested an update, here she goes!

These last few months have been good. I feel like I'm in a bit of a changing/shifting season.
Chris and I are toying with the idea of either building a garage onto our house or moving somewhere within Niverville that has what we need. Our house is great and fine, it's a new house, but recently, he inherited stained glass supplies to fill an entire shop and has fallen in love with the hobby :) the only problem is that I'm allergic to the chemicals he uses, so he has nowhere to do his stained glass!


My job has been OK, I've got a fantastic boss and I love the people at the chiropractor's office, but it's not THE JOB. I used to work at Youth For christ in Winnipeg and it was THE JOB. I felt like I was at home, like it was a perfect fit. After the weekend, I couldn't wait to get back to work. But it's not that way at the chiopractor office. I feel I'm in a season of waiting and watching where God will bring me. I still love helping chris out with our youth group and am there about 30 hours/week and I love it. It does get discouraging and sometimes I'm overloaded, but that's ministry. It's not about what I FEEL. God still uses me even when I'm totally weak and feel like someone else would be better to do this job :) There are so many youth that are just so amazing, it keeps me going. We've had some pretty powerful things happen lately and I keep falling in love with the God that makes this all happen.

Kids. Everyone's asking about when we're going to have kids. In due time, friends, in due time.

My sister and her family moved back from Vancouver this last October. It's been awesome getting to go walking and shopping with her over these last few months. It's kind of funny, because we HATED each other growing up. I mean HATED. But now we both realize the reason we hated each other so much is cause we're so much alike. She's even been away for the last 5 years and we're more alike that ever even though we've only seen each other a few brief times over those years. Funny how things change. I'm so glad they did (love you roberta :)

Above all else, God's really been reminding me how short this life is. I've been thinking about the verse in 2 corinthians - so we fix our eyes on what is unseen and not what is seen - for whatever is unseen is eternal, but what is seen is temporary.

Lord, make every moment of my life count. Help me to live for eternity and not in the "now" of this earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too Rox.

Bertie

Roo said...

ohhhh great update roxanne! especially that last paragraph where you added the verse. that hit me in the heart. thanks so much for the reminder.

amen.